An excuse to put eggs on my nails

5:31 AM

While painting my nails, I realized that painting easter eggs was just like painting simple aztec print. For this design, I painted a white base, painted the aztec-ish design on with bright colours, and ended by painting a black outline to make them look like eggs. Don't do it the other way around - it's better to put black on white than white on black. On my first attempt, I made the egg look too much of an oval. You want to make the top of the egg a little narrower than the bottom. Other than that, it's a pretty straight forward design! 









I also got to paint Janice's nails! She showed me a lace design she spotted off instagram, and I recreated it. We also added a black angled french tip with beads on the third and fifth finger. Super classy finish. The best thing about this manicure is that it will look good even after a week or two when your nails grow out a little. Having a nude base does wonders. 

If you're looking to recreate this design, my advice is to make your polish slightly runnier than it usually is with some nail polish thinner. It makes for easier application. I also like to outline the sides and end of the nail when I paint lace designs to give them a defined look. When dealing with beads, a good top coat is super important. Seche Vite kept my beads in place for 2 weeks before I removed them. 

Bear in mind though - if you're applying the beads to a nude nail (when there's no polish underneath the bead), the bead could rust if you don't seal it in properly with top coat. The rust leaves a brown dot on your nail that just won't go off, trust me, I still have 3 dots on my nails from a design I did about a month ago. The only thing you can do is grow them out.



Absolutely loved how these nails turned out. I'm thinking of doing them on my own nails soon too.


If you're interested in getting any of the designs on my blog, or any other design you see somewhere in the internet for that matter, you're free to give me a call! I do give manicures for a low price of $10 if you meet me in school (SIM), but prices will rise by a few dollars if I meet you elsewhere. Give me a text at 9455 5793 and we could arrange for a meetup!

You Might Also Like

1 comments